Gunderson Autoscopy

 




        For this project, we were to create an autoscopy in Adobe Photoshop, which meant we had to re create a picture of ourselves in a cool and different way using other images with different layering tools and techniques. I had 5 pictures that I used in this project, and they are below. The goal that I was going for with my autoscopy was to represent myself and my creative side. In the back ground is the Willis tower, which represents my home town of Chicago. Behind that is a record store shelf to represent my love for music. I decided to mask my sweatshirt in a stone pattern to represent my inner strength. I played with the hue and saturation on my flannel, then I added the swirly pattern over parts of the building and the records. Finally, I used the brush tool to draw onto my eyes in order to make things look cooler and more vibrant. Overall, this project took me about 5 hours total to complete and I had a lot of fun making it. I think that this is my favorite piece of art that I have created in this class. 














Comments

  1. I really like the way you used all of your pictures in different ways! The gradient on the building from light to dark gives your photo depth. I also really like the way you used consistently used red for the tag brush, eyes and the red on your flannel. I love the swirly pattern you used in the background but I have one suggestion. You could keep the swirls but maybe erase it on the building because it just cuts off. Overall, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gunderson-Somewhere

InDesign Tutorials

Gunderson Black and White to Color